Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Last Week of Training

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. How is everyone doing? I pray that you all find this blog in good health and spirits. Everything is going smoothly and as planned out here on the road. We had some good runs this past week. The week started out slow but then our dispatcher took my trainer out of his normal Houston to Laredo run. We ran to Port Allen, LA, Concord, NC, and Newton, NC. I really enjoyed driving outside of Texas. Not only was I able to see more and get out of the routine I was getting into, but I was able to drive more hours. Remember, I have to drive 140 hours before I can get out of training and get into my own truck. I forgot to check how many more hours I need before leaving the truck yesterday. But if all goes well, this should be my last week in the training truck.

I am now back at the Americas Best Value Inn in Laredo, TX. I checked in yesterday afternoon. I took a shower, had some pizza, talked to my wife and then slept. I slept good. Today I plan to do laundry and relax. I will probably get some swimming in.

Things seem to be going pretty good at the house. Abigail seems to be testing Paula now that I am not home. But Paula seems to be handling it pretty good. She talked to one of the women on A Trucker's Wife to talk about this rebellious stage that Abigail seems to be in. Last week Paula and the kids went up to Claremore, OK to visit some friends. Well, the plan didn't go as planned. Micah ended up with a 102 deg temperature and Paula ended up taking him to the hospital. Our friends ended up meeting her their and watched Abigail while she took care of Micah. Even though things didn't go as planned, it still sounded like they had a good time. Micah is doing good now. Speaking of Micah, he is making good progress with therapy. He was able to tell Paula that he wanted a raisin using sign language. They even got Abigail involved, which I love. Looks like I will have to brush up on my sign language skills.

Well, the nights are getting colder in Okfuskee County, Oklahoma. Looks like one thing I must do when I get home is to get the wood stacked on the porch and the stoves and chimney cleaned out. Another thing we have planned is to take the 88 Oldsmobile to the shop so it can get fixed while I am on the road next time. We have chosen to get that car fixed first because it is completely down and my wife will need a vehicle while I am out. The van does still run so she will have that while the car is being fixed. When we have the car fixed then we will take either the van or the Ford Ranger to get fixed. Another reason for getting the car fixed first is because the car will do better on the roads in the winter time. I am leaning towards having the Ford Ranger fixed and waiting to have the van fixed since the van may not be needed in the winter. Not sure yet.

Well, I will go ahead and close for now. Take care and God Bless.

Love,
The Oklahoma Tomcat
http://www.myspace.com/oktomcat

No comments:

Post a Comment