Friday, August 10, 2012

Mitt Romney responsible for steel plant closure?

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  How is everyone doing?  Things are going good out here on the road.  I am currently at Alco Distribution Center in Abilene, KS waiting on a load that will take me to the house.  I can't wait.  When I pull out of the driveway on Sunday afternoon, my wife will be on the truck with me.  The children will be with my little sister while my wife comes out on the road with me for a week.  It will not only be good for me to spend a week with her, but it will be good for her to have a week off from the house and kids.  It will also be good for us to have time together and get caught up.

Priorities USA posted this Ad about Mitt Romney and Bain Capital and how their actions caused this man's wife to die of Cancer. If you have not seen the ad, please take a moment to watch this video before reading the rest of this blog:


I am very sorry for anyone who has cancer or losses someone to cancer. I do know the pain it causes. I lost my dad to cancer. So I do know the feeling.  But what this man did is wrong and he isn't showing love by using his wife's as a campaign ad.  I could never imagine doing such a thing with my dad's death.

Before I go to discredit this Ad, I want to ask everyone a question. Should any company stay open just to keep people employed and provide health care? If a company is losing money, should the owners keep that company open and put themselves on the street just for the employees? If you say "yes" then let me know when you start a business. I will be sure not to buy your stocks. I may work for you though. Just cause I know I will be OK even though you are homeless. I hate to tell y'all this, but that is selfishness and not rooted in love. You should not expect anyone to ruin their life just for you.

Something about Bain Capital and all other companies like them. They do not take over companies. If a company is doing poor, they CALL on Bain Capital to either help them turn the company around or to liquidate everything and get the most out of what they have left before the owner do loose everything. Unfortunately, sometimes that means closing plants and stores down. But, this is the risk of having a business. Sometimes it doesn't work out. But sometimes it is the fault of the business owners. They mismanage the business, are not good stewards over the funds, or they started a business and people don't want the product or service. This steel plant wasn't doing good and I think everyone should know that the American Steel Industry wasn't doing good anyway. If anything, Bain probably kept this steel plant open longer then it normally would have on its own.

OK, lets look at the facts. This man (and all of the employees) was given a buy out before the steel plant closed. Mitt Romney left Bain in 1999 to work at the Winter Olympic in Nevada. The Steel Plant closed in 2001. Therefor, Romney had nothing to do with the closure. This man's wife had her own health insurance from her own job. Therefor, it was her health insurance that paid for treatments and tests. If she didn't say nothing about her illness, it wasn't cause they had no health insurance. In fact, even he had insurance thru her. So, they did have health insurance. His wife passed away 5 years 
after he lost his job. I think that no employer could be tied to that.

This just goes to prove a point. You need to challenge everything. I don't pay attention to these ads anyway cause they are just ads. No different then an ad to get you to buy something. They are out to make a product or person look good. So, when it comes to picking a candidate, look at their work history. 

Take care and God Bless.

Love,
The Oklahoma Tomcat
www.facebook.com/oktomcat

No comments:

Post a Comment