Sunday, June 21, 2015

And The New Job Begins

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Creator, Jesus Christ.  How is everyone doing?  I pray that this blog finds everyone in good health and spirits.  Things are going on schedule here.  Friday was my last day at Ball Pipe and Supply and I start orientation class at CRST tomorrow.  This made for a very busy Saturday.  Today we went to church and then my wife dropped me off at a hotel in Oklahoma City so that I can be at the CRST Oklahoma Terminal tomorrow morning.  I will be staying at the hotel this week while attending orientation and the lead driver class.  By Friday I will be in my truck and have my first student.  It is bitter sweet.  I don't like the idea of being away from my family again but on the other hand, the money will be good and I have to admit, I do like driving OTR and teaching new drivers.  It is in my blood.  The big reason for doing this is that I hate not being able to provide for my family.  It drives me nuts to see my family not being able to get what we need.  It drives me nuts to see vehicles breaking down and not being able to fix them.  It drives me nuts to see our house falling apart and not being able to fix it.  I also don't like having to depend on the government to provide for my family.  I get very short tempered and upset when I don't have the money to take care of my family and our needs.  I have driven trucks for over 12 years and have a pretty good record.  There is no reason that I can't take care of my family.  That is the main reason I must do this.  That is also why my wife and I knows that this is the job I must retire from.  I must drive OTR for at least 20 more years.  If CRST is as good as they were when I first drove for them, I will retire with them.  My goal is to bring home at least $1000 a week when I work the whole week.

I know not everyone is on board with me doing this.  They want me to be home with my wife and kids.  But what good is being home when I can't provide for them?  Things are getting more expensive, not less.  Oil fields are not dependable employment.  The scrap metal industry doesn't pay good.  I need something that pays real good and is dependable.  OTR is both because very few people is able and willing to do it and, as long as people need items, truck drivers are needed.

Well, I have to be up early tomorrow and I have to be well rested.  So, I will go ahead and end this blog.  I am planning to blog a lot more now that I am back on the road.  I have a lot of things to blog about and have gotten far behind.  Y'all take care and God Bless.

Love,
The Oklahoma Tomcat
http://goo.gl/9WrfPn

No comments:

Post a Comment