Sunday, May 8, 2011

Our trip to New York

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. How is everyone doing? I pray that everyone finds this blog in good health and spirits. Everything is going good here. I am now in Dallas, TX waiting to get another truck. I returned to work May 5th.
Our trip to New York went very smooth for the most part. The drive up there was a little rough because of all the storms and it took longer then I planned. The trip also cost a little more then expected because of the hotels we had to stay in on the way up there. But the good news is that my pay checks did turn out good and we did allow for the extra time it took to get to New York and back.
My father looked pretty good while we were visiting him in New York.  He seemed to be his same old self. I thank everyone for your prayers. I heard that he wasn't doing very good at all. The doctors have increased his medications which is why he was doing so good. Our visit was very good. It has been a long time since I saw my family in New York and everyone loved Paula and my children. Paula also loved my family and said she sees where I get my crazy attitude from. Having my wife and family get along and have fun is wonderful.  My father did get to take Paula out on the motorcycle. She loved the ride. My father took her to all the places that I grew up in.  Paula loved Sullivan County, NY. I am hoping that we are able to get up there in the fall but I will have to see. I am due for a vacation this summer.
We left New York on May 2nd and headed to Dallas, Texas were I had to check back in for work. We didn't hit any major storms on the way to Texas but we did see a lot of flooding and areas that was hit by tornadoes.  As I watch the news, I see many of the flooded areas are getting worse. Please keep the people who are affected by the floods in your prayers. I got to Dallas on the 5th and they didn't have a truck for me yet. So, I have been driving brand new trucks from Denton, Texas to the Werner Terminal in Dallas, Texas. I am glad that they were having me do this because the pay for transporting the trucks is better then just sitting and waiting on a truck and it keeps me busy.  I will be transporting more trucks this Monday. I do hope that they will have me a truck Monday evening though. I am eager to get back on the road.  I hope that the truck I get will be in good shape and runs good.
After dropping me off on the 5th, Paula and the kids headed up to Oklahoma. They visited a very good friend in Davis, Oklahoma and then they will head back home on Monday.
Well, That is all I have for now. I will either write another blog later this week or I will do a video blog. I am unable to do a video blog while in Dallas cause my Internet connection isn't good. Take care and God Bless.
The Oklahoma Tomcat
Check me out on Facebook at
Follow me on twitter at
FREE Animations for your email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment