Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Introductory to a great country

"If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, It expects what never was and never will be.... If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, It is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - Thomas Jefferson
 
 
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. How is everyone doing? I pray that everyone finds this blog in good health and spirits. I just had the greatest home time of my life. February, 17th was Paula and my wedding anniversary.  We ended up observing it that Friday. We went out to Olive Garden, then to a movie and watched "Just Go With It" and then got a hotel. It was a great day. The next day we helped the Church clean some land where a new Church building is going to be placed.  Last night I went back on the road. My first trip was from Oklahoma City to Mt. Vernon, MO. I then picked up in Mt. Vernon, MO and headed to Oklahoma.  I am now in Tulsa, OK where I ran out of hours.
 
As promised on Facebook, I will be posting a number of blogs about the founding of our Country, the Constitution, and our government. I have noticed in talking to people that lots of people know very little about our country, the constitution, and the type of government we have. People who grew up in the United States and who are voting. This is very scary because an ignorant people can not remain free.  I even see on the news people referring to the United States as a Democracy.  People, I do not want to live in a country that is a Democracy.  I have heard people say that it is unconstitutional for private companies to forbid people from carrying a gun onto the property.  I have heard people say it is unconstitutional for states to require a car to be registered. I heard people say that having a drivers license is a right. Is marriage a constitutional right? How about abortion? I see most do not even know what is a constitutional right and who the constitution protects against who.   So, I am going to write a few blogs that will explain all this so that those that want to learn more about the founding of America will be able to learn. It is very good to educate yourself so that you can make good decisions and not be deceived by others.  I am convinced that the founding fathers were very smart and even smarter then most people today.
 
I will be writing these blogs to explain the founding of our country, the constitution and our form of government only. It is to show how the founding fathers meant for our country to be run. I will not persuade anyone to be Republican, Democrat or Libertarian. In fact, people from all three parties will probably be shocked at what I have to say. I ask that everyone please read all the blogs even if you run in parts that you disagree with. If you do disagree then please challenge me. Look it up and give me facts with proof to back your view. I just ask that you give me proof in the form of the founding fathers writings or quotes. I don't want another persons point of view or interpretations because I know many things have been distorted for the purpose of fulfilling their agenda.
 
Well, I have to go for now. Got other things to take care of before I roll west. Take care and God Bless.
 
Love,
The Oklahoma Tomcat
 
You can follow me on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/oktomcat
FREE Animations for your email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment